You might have heard this word a lot – PODCAST! But what exactly is a podcast and why is everyone so obsessed with it? Let’s start with understanding what a Podcast is. Where you can listen to these podcasts and why listening to a podcast can prove beneficial to you. We’ll also discuss how you can develop a new hobby, like learning a new language, through a podcast.
What is a Podcast?
A Podcast is a collection or series of digital audio files that are made available for downloading or listening to via the Internet. In simpler words, it is on-demand radio which gives unlimited options to choose from. Each individual audio recording is called a podcast episode.
Podcasts are usually hosted by an individual, who discusses a particular subject, or by a group of people who have a conversation and share stories about different subjects.
The one who leads and narrates these stories in a podcast is called a Podcaster.
Duration of a Podcast:
- Podcasts can be of any length, From a 2-minute news snippet to an hour-long Interview session.
- There can be daily podcasts or monthly episodes where they discuss different matters at hand.
No matter what you are interested in, you’ll find something that suits you and the time you have.
Best Applications to listen to a podcast:
Now that we are clear about What a Podcast is, let’s find out where we can listen to them:
Podcasts are hosted on streaming applications like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and others.
- Spotify: One of the most popular Applications used for Podcasts. You can listen to a Podcast on this App for FREE if you don’t mind the frequent ads.
- Apple Podcast: For iOS users, this is the best App out there for Podcasts. The more you use it, the better suggestions it gives you based on your interests. Also, it’s compatible with a range of Apple devices.
- Google Podcasts: This App used the power of Google to recommend Podcasts based on your interest.
- Audible: Even though the App is best known for Books, it offers a wide variety of Podcasts too. You can listen to Podcasts for free and even if you want an ad-free experience, you can upgrade to Audible Plus.
Whichever application you choose, listening to Podcast is always a good use of your free time.
Learning a new language through a podcast:
Studies show that there are many benefits associated with learning a new language. From Improved Memory Function to Enhanced Creative Thinking Capacity, learning a new language helps you in more ways than one.
We, at Slango, want to make learning a new language your favourite pastime.
So if you are someone who wants to learn a new language while driving to work?
Wants to be productive when you are doing mundane tasks around the house?
You are someone who wants to learn about a new culture through their language..,
then you are at the right place.
We are launching our very own podcast series where we’ll teach the basics of the Punjabi Language in a fun and interesting manner. We’ll be discussing various topics in the podcast: From ‘How to Greet Someone in Punjabi’ to ‘How to tell time to ‘Having Conversations with people in the Punjabi Language’, and all that for FREE!
Join us as we embark on this journey to bring you closer to your Punjabi roots and help us in making this dream a reality.
Follow us on Instagram @theslangopodcast to know more.